Saturday, January 08, 2005

Random Acts of Kindness and The Butterfly Effect

Practice random acts of kindness.... Some think that phrase is an attempt to sell more bumper stickers. Face it; not everyone will buy a "Shit happens" sticker.

I prefer to think that it's a very pragmatic method of pushing The Butterfly Effect in the right direction.

I mean, we can all go home and kick the dog.....Or we can (anonymously) leave a bar of chocolate outside the door of a quite-grown neighbor who missed trick or treating because she was visiting her sick father.

Maybe it's because I grew up in the 60's. Maybe it's because I grew up in a family of hardcore church-goers. Or maybe it's something else entirely. Whatever.....I want to change the world. And The Butterfly Effect makes me think that's possible.

My choice for how to do it? By publishing books that tell people how to inexpensively and effectively ease their pain by applying some little-known, but highly effective alternative health technique.

I figure that changes the world in two ways:

  1. It helps to cut health care costs.
  2. It helps bring world peace just a little bit closer. -- No really, think about it. I figure Rush Limbaugh is so nasty at least partially because of his back problems. Less pain leads to less conflict, which -- eventually -- leads to more peace.

So....my first entry in the race for world peace is Stop Sciatica Now by Pamela Kihm.

Well, that's all for now. Next time maybe I'll tell a joke....that might help with the happiness quotient too.



1 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 at 11:44 AM, Blogger marc's stuff said...

hope you dont ming i blog a link to my blog
i like what you wrote there ciao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home